Monday, November 14, 2011

AICI Mt. States Member Highlight - Crystal Gardner

I first fell in love with fashion when? I was a little girl. I loved clothes, playing dress up, watching Ms. America and making clothes for Barbie with my mom.

By day I work full time at DU as an office manager by night (on the side and during the weekends) I run my own business as an image consultant and marketing professional.

Image is important because it represents who we are and communicates our reputation which involves character, beliefs, values, etc.

My business focuses on appearance management. I work with individuals and organizations that need help managing their appearance for a positive outcome, or increased bottom line. The services I offer include: image consulting, styling, personal branding, branding, marketing, and public relations.

Who is your favorite designer? I have more than one, Rae Marie, Johanna Christine, D'lola Coture, Barrera, Gino Velardi, Alexander Wang, Mondo Guerra, Michael Korrs, Emillio Pucci, Betsy Johnson, Missoni, Gewn Stefani. I also enjoy New York & Company, Express, JCPenny, Etcetra, Victoria Secret, H&M, Forever 21, and Just Fab as far as retailers.

I started my business because? I started my business because I love fashion and helping people look and feel their best. There is nothing like seeing a client feel good about how they look or communicate their beliefs, mission, and character through their company image.

What Mountain State do you do business in? Denver, Colorado

Share your best fashion advice or tip: Take chances in fashion, that is what fashion is all about expression, art, feelings and communicating messages. Add a pop of color, try a new print, makeup shade or a new style. Right now I am loving colorful tights, pleated / high waisted skirts and bright colorful pants.Readers can join my eNewsletter for free tips and an eBook on image or follow my Examiner.com column.

What are you currently working on? I just finished helping with the marketing of Colorado Fashion Week and have been buckling down on writing a book focusing on reputation management. For the holidays I will be partnering with Stella & Dot jewelry rep Britany Crown for a Holiday Extravagnaza. I also have a few new clients coming on board for the marketing side of my business and started teaching classes at Colorado Free University, helping people upgrade their style to enter back into the business world or update their current business look.

Connect with Crystal:


No comments:

Post a Comment